Basket Love

Some days, when the to-do list is extra long, then I just take a few minutes to sew something frivolous... and then , like today, I'm so enthused that I can go about cleaning the house with the goal of sitting down to sew again in a little while.

Ever since I got Gwen Marston's Liberated Quiltmaking ll for Christmas, I've been wanting to make her basket quilt.  I don't have a photo of the quilt in her book, but here are a few fun ones I found on Flickr.

 Go here to see who made these lovelies.





I'm planning on making this a generous lap size, and thinking it just miiiight stay at our house.  I'm using some of all my favorite fabrics.


I think this quilt block is a win-win situation for me.  The entire process of choosing the fabrics to go together in each block, cutting each basket in a slightly different shape, etc., just keeps it fun for me.  I have this problem that after making a couple blocks for a quilt, I just get a bit bored.  I'm thinking this one might be different.  The way Gwen shows you how to make these blocks is so super fun and easy, I highly recommend it!

10 comments:

  1. That looks great... kind of satisfies that woman's shoe/bag longing inside of me

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the funky baskets. Looking forward to seeing your finished quilt.
    Thanks for a really colourful and uplifting blog too. It's great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome. My favorite so far: the Sunkissed pink fabric with the orange and white striped handle. L.O.V.E.!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They look great, I love that they are all different. Looking forward to seeing more of them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your choice of colors...how fun!!!
    Pamela.Adams62@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am getting ready to quilt mine....I am doing the beach bucket theme!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Looks like a fun and satisfying quilt. Love the fabric choices

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh I love your baskets (esp. the greenfield one how lovely) Gwen is amazing and I know what you mean by keeping it interesting. Quilting should be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So pretty! Love all the colors and fabrics in yours.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm taking a class taught by her this coming weekend! I can't wait!

    ReplyDelete