These first two blocks were made for the month of May in the do.Good Stitches quilt bee. Mary asked for scraptastic blocks, and since I love this type of piecing, I couldn't wait to start! I made them entirely from my scrap bin, just sewing small pieces together to make one larger block.
Of course, when I happened to read her instructions over once again (AFTER I had made my blocks) I notice that she mentioned they should be crazy quilt inspired. Now, mine are more straight lines. I have a real problem with enthusiastically ignoring instructions, but I hope these will look ok with the finished quilt.
These next two were for Charlie in the Fresh Modern Bee. He gave us lots of room to do whatever we liked. Hmmm... that's kind of tough. He mentioned curves, so I practiced some more wavy piecing on the first one.
And then since the need to make some cross blocks is still in my system, I made this one. Ok, I still might have to make a whole quilt like this yet!