Late afternoon sunlight streaming across a newly basted quilt on the kitchen floor... You may notice that I'm on a mission to see how few pins I can use, and still come out with no puckers. These blocks are BIG (20") so some of these pins are 10" apart. (basting is so tedious, and yes, I've heard of basting spray but still not totally sold on it for large quilts)
Don't sue me if it doesn't work for you, but I haven't had any problems so far!!
Major cute alert! Here's some more blocks that I didn't make so I can talk about how fun they are. I've been part of a quilting bee (not the do.Good Stitches charity bee, but another one) for over a year now. My 'month' was way back, and at that time I sent out fabrics in pinks, oranges, yellows, and greens and told everyone to make whatever kind of block they wanted.
Back then I was planning to put all these blocks together and make a quilt for my daughter. (You can see all those blocks together here.) I knew almost right away that it was going to be too busy all together like that because I'm a big one for some negative space! Besides that, each block was so fun and unique, I decided that I was going to make a few quilts out of these blocks. So guess what! They've been sitting on my shelf ever since. I've pulled them out to admire once in a while, but now I finally bit the bullet and chose 12 blocks that went well, and made a quilt with them.
Just adding some big borders around each block to give it the look I want, and to let each of these beauties shine a bit more! This will also make it a twin size, since I'm thinking of donating it to the BumbleBeans Basics Quilt Drive.
I'm thinking I might do some loopy quilting on this one. For some reason, I've never done it before. Always waiting for just the right quilt. But I think this one will be the right one!