facts about the pixelated hearts quilt;
• made completely from 3" squares
• the heart itself is made completely from Kaffe Fasset fabrics. which are great for a jewel glow!
• i hand quilted this one by eye, you can see the lines are a bit wonky...
• it's still one of my favorites i've made in a long time.
• i want to make a bigger one in a lap size, i wonder if i could get away with bigger squares? would 5" squares take away from the pixel look? i'm just lazy that way, cuz the thought of sewing together that many tiny squares? yup, i'm lazy:)
and here's a visual tip for constructing a quilt like this. i find it easiest to break it down into 9 blocks like this. you could even employ some strip piecing to make it go faster!