A Fabric Shop Review
i had a few requests from my last post for identifying this stack of fabrics, so i thot i'd give you a quick list. and then since most of them (well, half at least) are from my most recent order from one of my top five fave online quilt shops, i thot i'd do a little review right away.
i've always been meaning to talk about some of my fave shops. i have no connection with any of them, other than that they take my money and i take their fabric, so these are really, truly my favorite shops. also, i'm a Canadian, which makes the whole online shipping thing slightly different, since shipping and customs and all that jazz can be a bit expensive! so for my fellow Canadians, my list of faves is tailored for us!
first i'll talk about this one shop a bit, and then at the end i'll give you the list of fabrics and where to find them.
so the shop i'm thinking of today is.......FabricShack!! Now if I was to make a list with my top fave shop as #1, then FabricShack would likely be about #3 or so.
Here's what I love -
♥ huge huge selection. like sooooo many collections. they have lots of modern lines, (although not all) and then so very many more reproduction and vintage style collections, as well as lots of lesser known brands and designers that I would likely never come across.
♥ good shipping rates to Canada! They fit 9 yards in a flat rate envelope (most shops will put anywhere from 7-10 yards in an envelope for about $12.95) Basically, I only buy from shops that put 9-10 yards in. It may be a mind block for me, but that extra yard or two just really wins me over! Anyways, back to FabrickShack! So they put 9 yards in a flat rate envelope, and they do it for $8.50!)
♥ in a lot of ways, their selection of fabric is similiar to FatQuarterShop, (in that they have SO many collections) but the nice thing about FabricShack is that they don't sell out quite so soon. Maybe they're not as well known, but at least it gives me a few days to decide if I want to buy!
♥ really good customer service. they are friendly and accomodating, and they just got Paypal so I'm happy about that!
Here's the reasons why this shop is not #1 on my list.
- archaic website. am I being a bit fussy? ya probably, but if definitely does not have the ease of navigation or the beauty of some other online shops.
- a bit slow on the shipping. sometimes it seems they don't get the order shipped out for a couple of days, although i'm usually waiting 2 weeks for any order from the U.S., so it's not a big deal.
- they don't always carry the more modern collections. I can't think of an example right now...
Overall, shopping at FabricShack is a bit of a treasure hunt for me! Sometimes I'll try looking at every fabric collection, even if the little icon, or the name under it, or the manufacturer just makes me think i won't like it. I'll click on it anyways, and I've found so many great prints that I love, just nestled in among a collection that I would have never, ever seen in any of the 'modern' focused online shops.
I hope that info was at least slightly helpful, i'd love to hear your online shopping stories!
Now for the list of fabrics...
1. Punctuation by American Jane for Moda Fabrics - from my stash
2. Wee Woodlands by Keiki for Moda Fabrics - from my stash
3. Hope Valley by Denyse Schmidt for Free Spirit Fabrics - from my stash
4. ?? ?? by Paula Barnes for Marcus Fabrics - from my stash (i adore this print and am looking for more)
5. Simple Abundance by Bonnie and Camille for Moda Fabrics - from my stash
6. Tea Time by SPX fabrics - from my stash
7. Marmalade by Bonnie and Camille for Moda - just bought from Fabric Shack
8. Anna Bella by Marcus Brothers - just bought from Fabric Shack (i'm crazy for this print, it reminds me a bit of Liberty prints)
9.Inkwell by Meg Hawkey for Lecien - just bought from Fabric Shack (unfortunately, this print has since sold out here, but you can still get it in the red)
10.Anna Bella by Marcus Brothers - just bought from Fabric Shack
11.Odds and Ends by Cosmo Cricket for Moda Fabrics - just bought from Fabric Shack
12. The Sweetest Thing by Zoe Pearn for Riley Blake Fabrics - just bought from Fabrick Shack (yes, this pink shade is yum!)
any more questions or mistakes you see, feel free to let me know! happy fabric shopping:)