Up Parasol Herringbone Quilt





A quick and simple baby quilt made from half of an Up Parasol jelly roll, purchased at Mad About Patchwork.  This jelly roll was an impulse purchase, and wouldn't you know I end up loving this fabric line!

I don't know why I'm surprised, as I've always loved Heather Bailey's fabrics in the past.  The bright summery feel is so fun to sew with.

I had this leftover piece of lime green minky kicking around, so I used it as the backing.  I'm allergic to quilting with minky because it's a bit tricky at times, so I did minimal quilting.  This works out well in the end as it's a very soft and squishy quilt now!

p.s.  I only used half the jelly roll for this little quilt (it's about 36" square) so I have enough to make another just like it, or I could have made it twice as big.

16 comments:

  1. Lovely quilt - the fabric is so pretty.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful quilt - looks so soft! Did you use batting too?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Allergic to quilting with minky...." YESSSSS!!!!!!! This is me!!! Thanks for the chuckle. I always love seeing your quilts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very sweet quilt! I love that green so much!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha, you use bumpers on your crib too! Ok, so I'm not the only one who still thinks they're useful. =) Glad to know that.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is such a gorgeous line, and the herringbone showcases it so nicely. I love the simple quilting and the Minky back :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the quilt design, such a great idea and also getting 2 quilts from one jelly roll is fab. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is one of my favorite patterns - looks beautiful with the Up Parasol fabrics!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty quilt, I love the colors and the soft backing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I know what you mean about sewing with bright summery fabrics - certainly boosts the joy of sewing factor. Perfect block for that fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It's very cute! Pretty fabrics and a perfect backing

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a gorgeous, 'fresh', pretty quilt!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I'm a new quilter and I just bought this fabric in fat quarters. I'm wondering where you found the complementary solid fabric. Thanks so much! LOVE this gorgeous quilt!

    ReplyDelete